Thinking of chilling in the desert this July or August? If so, you need a pool! Even with a pool, it can be hard to cool down when the water temperature rises to 90 degrees or more. How can that be? Well, when the temperatures hover around 110 degrees, pool temperature rises too. Our peak heat of the day is 4pm, so the pool is most refreshing in the morning, unless your pool has a chiller to regulate the water in the 80s. If you don’t have your own private pool or a friends pool to float in, here’s my guide to Chilling in Coachella Valley.
From Palm Springs down to Coachella, there are city pools available for daily use with a small rate for residents and non-residents:
- Palm Desert Aquatic Center with 3 pools, slides, diving boards, and more.
- The Palm Springs Swim Center features an Olympic-size swimming pool
- Bagdouma Community Pool in Coachella has 1 pool
And get this. Some of the hotels offer the use of the pool for free, and other hotels offer a day passes. You don’t have to stay at a hotel to use their pool! Who knew!
- Saguaro Palm Springs: Use of the pool is free Monday – Thursday 10am – 5pm. On some weekends, a wristband can be purchased for $25 for DJ. Check with the Saguaro first as they do host pool parties, such as SplashHouse.
- ARRIVE Palm Springs: Free pool use Monday – Friday. Saturdays and Sundays there is DJ so $10 charge
- Ace Hotel & Swim Club: Purchase a Swim Club Pass 12–6pm Monday–Thursday for $20, and Friday–Sunday for $30.
- Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs: The Rowan has a rooftop pool with amazing views! Passes available Monday – Thursday for $15
And if you visit resortpass.com and type in “Palm Desert” or “Palm Springs”, you’ll get a list of hotels that offer day passes and the prices such as Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, Omni Racho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, Ingleside Inn and many more.
With desert temperatures exceeding 110 at the end of July, floating in a pool is very refreshing! Take your noodle or favorite floaty and enjoy Summer Chilling in Coachella Valley. If you want to float year round, contact me and I can show you some very cool pool homes!